For Vocational, Day Habilitation, SIL (Supported Independent Living), PCA (Personal Care Attendant), and Respite Services at The Arc Rapides, you MUST:
- be at least 18 years old.
- have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
- be a NOW, ROW, or Supports Waiver participant
- If you are not currently a waiver participant, please contact the Central Louisiana Human Services District (CLHSD), formerly OCDD, in Alexandria at 318-484-2310.
- If you are looking for community-based employment, also call Louisiana Rehabilitative Services (LRS) at 985-857-3652.
- If you are a Waiver recipient, you will need to contact your Support Coordinator, and tell them you are interested in attending The Arc.
Once you have completed the above steps, contact The Arc Rapides.
- Call The Arc at 318-445-5287, and ask to speak to the Quality Services Manager. If you qualify for Arc Services, an application will be mailed to you.
- Complete The Arc’s Application Form. The person, for whom the application is being made, as well as a parent/guardian, should sign every form that requires a signature.
- Return completed application along with copies of:
- Immunization record
- ID Card
- Social Security Card
- Medicaid/Medicare Cards
- Psychological Evaluation (if applicable).
- Once all required paperwork is received, an Intake Meeting will be scheduled.