The Arc Rapides consumers with assistance in developing social and adaptive skills necessary to enable them to participate as independently as possible in the community. Day Habilitation services focus on socialization with meaningful age-appropriate activities which provide enrichment and promote wellness. The Arc Rapides currently has four learning hubs: Cinema Center, Continuing Education, Group Activity Arena, and Arts Academy.
Some examples of Day Habilitation services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting and prompting with personal hygiene, dressing, grooming, eating, toileting, ambulation or transfers, other personal care and behavioral support needs, and any medical task which can be delegated.
- Participating in a community inclusion activity designed to enhance social skills.
- Learning how to clean a residence.
- Learning how to make choices and ordering from a fast food restaurant.
- Learning how to observe basic personal safety skills.
- Doing non-paid work in the community alongside peers without disabilities to improve social skills and establish connections.